Learn more about the Global Respectful Disruption Summit, created by Compear and GoAbroad.com.
We are pleased to announce a new partnership between Compear Global Education Network and GoAbroad.com. GoAbroad.com is the original online resource for meaningful travel and the most comprehensive search engine for experiential, international travel experiences. Compear Global Education Network (CGEN) works with educational institutions and businesses using their respectful disruption approach to identify and change inequitable systems and practices through meaningful partnership, innovative educational training, guided community discussion, personal development, and resources.
We are honored to work together to highlight the experiences of the underrepresented around the globe.
Compear helps educational institutions, community groups, and businesses identify and overhaul inequities and inefficiencies within their systems. They provide ongoing partnership to propel institutions, organizations, teams, and individuals on their intercultural, diversity, equity, and inclusion journeys.
Furthermore, Compear’s focus on innovative educational training, guided community discussion, personal development, and resources through respectful disruption is in alignment with our goals and commitments as an organization. We couldn’t be more excited to combine efforts and enact change together.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
GoAbroad.com has been committed to being the most comprehensive resource for meaningful travel since 1997. From international travel programs and scholarships to flights and travel insurance, our mission is to help as many aspiring travelers as possible realize their dreams. We believe that travel is the key to individuals attaining a broader perspective of the world, and that the world is a better place when people have a deeper understanding and greater empathy toward all individuals and cultures. As an international organization dedicated to making a difference in the world, we strive for equity in everything we do.
What We’re Doing
Continuously providing resources for those of racially, ethnically, and/or religiously diverse backgrounds, high financial need, varying ages, those with varying abilities, and LBGTQ+. Resources include:
- BIPOC Travel Articles & Guides
- Diversity Travel Articles & Guides
- eBooks, including but not limited to:
- Meaningful Travel Tips & Tales: LGBTQ Perspectives
- Essential Jewish Travel Resources
- The First Generation Students Study Abroad Guide
- The 50 Plus Meaningful Travel Guide
- The Complete Guide to Student Travel Scholarships
- A Guide to Veteran and ROTC Study Abroad Opportunities
- Meaningful Travel Tips & Tales for Arab Americans
- Meaningful Travel Tips & Tales—LatinX Perspectives
- Meaningful Travel Tips & Tales: Traveling with a Disability
- Meaningful Travel Tips & Tales: Asian Travelers’ Perspectives
Working with BIPOC writers in an effort to:
- Share our platform with travelers who have unique experiences that foster accessibility to international travel.
- Combat assumptions about who can and cannot travel.
- Educate users on how to be effective allies in international education, travel, and beyond.
Collaborating with, and supporting organizations that are equipped to lead the way in effective change. We are committed to supporting others who work closely and consistently with diverse populations to lead the conversation, while we identify and address our own role—and therefore become better equipped to contribute to the conversation and take tangible action in a constructive and productive way.
Spearheading and supporting the work of the GoAbroad Foundation, including:
- Consistently fundraising for underprivileged communities around the world and the grassroots organizations that are already doing work there.
- Seeking out and building relationships with grassroots organizations to help them achieve their missions and affect positive change.
- These organizations work towards combating a wide variety of social and economic issues in fields such as education, community development, sustainability, women’s empowerment, migrant rights, and more.
- Supporting and empowering the local communities where GoAbroad.com is headquartered in the Philippines.
Recognizing and celebrating individuals and organizations focused on diversity and inclusion through the GoAbroad Innovation Awards.
We are excited to work with Compear to actively join their mission in creating a more equitable world. Through our partnership we aim to continuously improve and build upon our approach to DEI, how we work with and support our partners and users, as well as how we can best embody equity within our organization. Our work will include:
- A detailed organizational assessment of our diversity policies, resources, and internal trainings
- New, customized diversity training for our leadership team
- Collaborative sponsorship and thought partnership on key diversity initiatives and events
- New publications focused on diversity, respectful disruption, and how our community can take action
If you have questions, comments, or would like to get involved, please contact Kayla Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.