Campaign Landing Page: https://mailchi.mp/goabroad/online
By submitting the application or entry form for a GoAbroad Promotion, you agree to these terms and conditions.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A GOABROAD PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING ANY GOABROAD PROMOTION.
By entering a GoAbroad Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the Sponsor (as defined below) regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion Period will vary. Refer to the GoAbroad Campaign Landing Page. The Promotion Period is subject to change.
ELIGIBILITY: Promotions are void where prohibited or restricted by law. Residents of any state or jurisdiction in which a Promotion constitutes a lottery, game of chance or otherwise unlawful game, contest or sweepstakes are ineligible to enter or win this Promotion.
Furthermore, eligibility criteria for programs, courses, and prizes vary. Eligibility is at the discretion of the third party sponsors.
ENTRY: To enter, follow the instructions outlined on the Campaign Landing Page. You must perform all required steps listed on the campaign page to enter for the Promotion. All entries must be received within the Promotion Period.
WINNER SELECTION: The winner(s) will be selected based on the terms outlined for each specific Promotion. In a giveaway campaign, winners will be drawn at random.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified by email and/or telephone. If the winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within three (3) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her and/or the Prize (as defined in the next section) or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such winner will forfeit all rights to the Prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If four (4) winners for an individual Prize have so forfeited their rights to the Prize, the Sponsor reserves the right to revoke the Prize entirely. Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all the eligibility requirements of this Promotion, including, without limitation, the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared a winner of a Promotion (a “Winner”).
In addition, if a winner is deemed ineligible for the prize, such winner will forfeit all rights to the Prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
PRIZE(S): Will be defined on the Campaign Landing Page.
TAXES: All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the Winners’ sole responsibility.
OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE: All entry materials become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
CONSENT, LICENSE AND RELEASE
In exchange for the opportunity to participate in a Promotion, and the possibility of the use of Participant’s Submission and/or the Participant’s appearing in an audio, visual and/or multimedia production, the receipt of which opportunities shall be sufficient consideration for this Consent, License and Release, each Participant does hereby:
(1) agree that his/her Submission is an original work of authorship and he/she owns all right, title, and interest in the Submission as of the date of submission;
(2) consent to the collection by GoAbroad.com LLC (or its designee) of his/her personal information, including without limitation name, telephone number(s), and e-mail address(es) (the “Personal Information”) in connection with the Submission;
(3) grant to Sponsor and each of their respective designees the perpetual and unlimited right and license to use, edit, modify, duplicate and/or create derivative works from his/her Submission throughout the world and in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, the right for Sponsor, as applicable, to display, broadcast, distribute, reproduce, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use and exploit the Submission, on television, via the Internet or any other interactive media, in print and/or any other media currently existing and hereafter developed and without limitation and without payment of any compensation to Participant or his/her heirs and successors, (i) on its own or as part of any audiovisual or other production; (ii) to advertise any products, programming or services of the Sponsor or for any other advertising, marketing, publicizing and promotional purposes and in any materials related thereto; and/or (iii) for any other purpose whatsoever;
(4) agree that the foregoing license includes without limitation the right (i) to use his/her name (and any other Personal Information that may be incorporated into the Submission), likeness, image, voice, appearance, and performance as embodied in the Submission in whole or in part, for advertising, promotional, and trade purposes in conjunction with this and similar promotions in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without notice and without further consideration or compensation, except where prohibited by law; (ii) to edit, alter, distort, add to, rearrange, and otherwise modify the Submission, and use the Submission in whole or in part or in combination with other materials; and (iii) to assign and/or license others to use the Submission for all of the purposes hereunder;
(5) acknowledge and agree, with respect to the Personal Information, that the Sponsor shall have the right (subject to applicable law) to (i) incorporate certain of the Personal Information into the Submission and use such Personal Information as incorporated therein; (ii) analyze and use the Personal Information for any and all purposes, including without limitation sending him/her advertising and promotional materials and for any other advertising, marketing and promotional purposes; and (iii) to share the Personal Information with third parties for their advertising, marketing and promotional purposes or for any other purposes;
(6) acknowledge that Participant shall have no right of approval of any use of the Submission and the Personal Information as permitted hereunder;
(7) agree that Participant shall use any copy of the Submission that he/she obtains solely for his/her personal, non-public, non-commercial use; and
(8) release in perpetuity the Released Parties from any claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with the Submission, the Personal Information and the use thereof as permitted hereunder, including, but not limited to, claims of false endorsement or infringement of rights of publicity or privacy.
Nothing herein will obligate the Sponsor to make any use of any of the rights set forth herein. In the event that any individual(s) appears with the Participant in the Submission but does not submit a separate Consent, Assignment and Release, the Participant hereby represents and warrants (i) that such individual(s) has authorized Participant to agree to this Consent, Assignment, and Release on his/her behalf (or, with respect to any individual under eighteen (18) years of age, that Participant is the parent and/or legal guardian of such individual(s) with legal authority to act on behalf of such individual), and (ii) that Participant agrees to this Consent, Assignment and Release on behalf of such individual(s).
NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION: No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used will be forfeited. The prize cannot be substituted except by the Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
CONSENT AND RELEASE: By entering this Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable) and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, partners, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion.
DISCLAIMERS: Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser or network failure, malfunction, congestion or incompatibility at the Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the GoAbroad.com website. Use of bots or other automated processes to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION: This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado.
SPONSORSHIP: Promotions are sponsored in part by GoAbroad.com LLC (the “Sponsor”) (500 Broadview Drive, Severance, CO 80550).
Any Winner also agrees to the following liability release:
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY ACCEPTANCE, PARTICIPATION IN AND/OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IS SOLELY AT MY OWN RISK. THEREFORE, I, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY ASSIGNS, HEIRS, DEVISEES AND ESTATE (COLLECTIVELY, “SUCCESSORS”), HEREBY UNCONDITIONALLY AND FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES, ALONG WITH EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, COSTS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, EXPENSES AND LIABILITIES (WHETHER ARISING UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE (WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY) RELATING TO ANY CLAIM I MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER HAVE WITH RESPECT TO ANY DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PECUNIARY LOSS OR OTHER LOSS, DAMAGE, COST OR EXPENSE (COLLECTIVELY, “HARM”) THAT MAY BE SUFFERED BY ME OR ANY THIRD PARTY AS A RESULT OF THE CONTEST, ANY USE BY SPONSOR OF MY NAME, VISUAL LIKENESS OR BIOGRAPHICAL DATA, OR IN CONNECTION WITH MY ACCEPTANCE, PARTICIPATION IN, USE OF AND/OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE AWARDED TO ME, EVEN IF SUCH HARM IS CAUSED SOLELY BY THE RECKLESSNESS, NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT OF ONE OR MORE RELEASED PARTIES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED CLAIMS”).
I SPECIFICALLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THIS RELEASE WILL PREVENT ME AND MY SUCCESSORS FROM BRINGING A LAWSUIT, CLAIM OR OTHER ACTION AGAINST SPONSOR OR ANY OTHER RELEASED PARTY AND FROM RECOVERING ANY MONEY DAMAGES OR OTHER LEGAL RELIEF FROM SPONSOR OR ANY OTHER RELEASED PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE CLAIMS RELEASED ABOVE.